Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Time Management

Time ManagementRecently I went for a Time Management course. I did not have any particular expectations out of the course, but when I heard that this is being scheduled in the office I jumped in. I would say the primary intention will be that, I can spend 4 hours out of the busy office schedule. Added to that,  you don’t even have to pay for it.
The session was post lunch, and I was half in my own world. I say, a nice yummy biriyanni for lunch can have that effect on your brains. Most of the ideas went bouncers right over my head anyways.
So what is time management really? How can you manage time? Time is certainly unmanageable. Its will always tick on and on. No matter what you do, it will tick. So why is it called time management if you cant really manage it.
But then suddenly, he popped a question as if he was trying to wake me up. How many hours do you have in a day? He was trying to bring out the difference in the attitude “I have ONLY 24 hours” Vs “I HAVE 24 Hours”.
So coming back to the question, I asked myself. In that 24 hours, how many hours do I really have for myself.  Funny, I really had a very low figure for that. After all the efforts I put in to make my life cool, I really aint spent any time to enjoy it??? Strange…

No comments:

Post a Comment