Sunday, December 12, 2010

In Pursuit of a Camera

Pictures says a thousand words. Or so they say. In that case, some pics can be called short stories while the others can be classified as Novels and yet some, the encyclopedia.
And this is where my mind has been stuck for last few weeks. I am looking for a camera, that will write Novels. really nice novels.
To give a little background, I started my photography lessons on a sony cybershot W150. It was a smooth sail until one day i got a little too near to the sea. I could say, i was not firing on all my cylinders that day. Anyway, shortly after that I got myself a Canon sx20IS. Now that was a really nice camera. Until i got stuck in the Leh, ladakh flood in 2010.
And here am I, Wondering which is the next camera in line for me. An amateur photographer. I am very keen on getting myself a SLR this time. taking my history, i should look for a SLR that is waterproof, impact proof, nature proof and more importantly, Dileep Proof. Now since that is not an option, lets get down to practical ones.
I have narrowed down my search to

Canon D1000 ( cos of the price tag )
Nikon D3100 (Nice feature set)
Nikon D5000 ( I really love that swirl LCD screen. I guess its the impact of my prev cam)

Sleepless nights spent on Google, reading reviews, and more reviews. Comparing prices, vendors what not. One is sure overwhelmed with information these days. Different people, different opinion. No wonder they have so many choices.

Anyway coming back to topic, the cameras, the Canon is ruled out. the basic D1000 is little too basic. its not gonna be long before i out grow that, and the next cam in the series is nearly double the price tag. And by that time, i would have invested in lens and can not move out of canon brand.
That leaves me 2 of the nikon series. One side , i have a newer, 3100, 14 megs ( tho that really dont count), full HD, more hard keys are pulling me to this side. while the swirl LCD screen is a real weakness for me.


But should i be breaking my head on this or on the lens that i will ( read as may) buy.
The battle is still on. I guess, ill decide within a week. Let the better side win.

1 comment: